Chain IQ is an independent, global service company providing strategic, tactical and operational procurement for its clients. Chain IQ operates from its main centers – Zurich (headquarters), New York, London, Singapore, Bucharest and Mumbai / Pune – and is currently servicing more than 20 countries (including Germany, Poland, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia)..
Chain IQ is growing! In order to provide our clients continuously with an excellent service, we want to further strengthen our team and are therefore looking for you!
Position Number: 20001954
About the role:
As Contract Specialist, you will manage the end-to-end contract process of our clients under the guidance of clients’ legal teams with all contracting stakeholders as a key contact for the stakeholders during the process. In a constantly changing matrix environment amongst diverse functional teams, you will be able to leverage your quick learning skills and accuracy, as well as your ability to collaborate transversally both as team player as well as independently, and to manage multiple priorities in parallel.
Contract Specialist will report to Head of Contract Specialist - Manager and will have the following main responsibilities:
Profile required :
- Be accountable for end-to-end contract management process (elaboration, approval, signature) in close cooperation and under the guidance of clients’ legal teams
- Supporting the Sourcers in identifying the appropriate templates and in drafting contracts based on client’s standard terms and conditions
- Assisting & advising the Sourcers in the contractual negotiations of the terms and conditions, if needed, with the purpose of achieving optimal compliance and contractual outcomes in line with client’s standards and requirements – but also to accelerate the processing of contracts.
- Review, approve and negotiate contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions as defined by client by identifying and raising risks associated with any agreement (in line with Chain IQ’s scope of responsibility)
- Assist requester on any question related to contracting process
- Ensure that the contracts are compliant with regulatory, audit and policy requirements as defined by client.
- Support the implementation of new regulatory or contracting policies and procedures for evaluating risk and approving contracts
- Identifying improvements/simplification of the contract standard templates and flagging those to Chain IQ management for discussion with the clients.
- Adhering to the client’s corporate standards including using the defined contract templates, pre-defined clauses and sourcing tools and processes in delivery of sourcing initiatives
- Providing training and guidance to the CIQ Sourcing community on contractual topics as required
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with Chain IQ sourcers, client and supplier stakeholders – specifically Legal teams at clients
- Ensuring functional KPIs, SLAs and other performance objectives are met
Why Chain IQ?
- Proven successful track record in a contract management role
- Minimum three (3) year experience in contract management or a similar role
- Legal background is a must
- Good knowledge of contract management tools, processes and relevant internal policies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Good problem-solving, relationship management, escalation management and influencing skills with a strong customer-service orientation
- Good understanding of sourcing processes is a plus
- A delivery-focused team player who feels comfortable creating their own profile and credibility
- Previous experience in working with any of the Source to Contract tools: SAP, Ariba, Ivalua, etc. is a plus
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- You will take responsibility and will be granted the level of freedom as needed
- You will have the possibility to grow both personally and professionally
- We offer a fair and market-oriented compensation
- We individually support your personal development in order to strengthen your competences
- We have a culture of open and honest communication as well as appreciation
Did we pique your interest? We would be pleased to receive your full online application via the "Apply now" button.
Information for recruiting agencies: We only accept direct applications.