Insurance Supermarket Inc. is one of the largest and fastest growing independently owned Insurance Technology companies in Canada. We offer comprehensive Life Insurance products that help many Canadians with their life insurance needs. Over 250,000 Canadians a year have relied on our advice, and we have provided more than 10 billion dollars in insurance coverage.
Our team of professionals has been proudly helping Canadian consumers with their life insurance needs for over 11 years. We hire individuals based not only on their expertise, but also on their passion for helping others, and those who live by our core values every day. Our employees are professional, proactive, passionate, team players and persevere in the face of challenges.
Our position will appeal to individuals who want to work for an exciting and growing organization and are mature and self-motivated – we look forward to meeting you!
Insurance Supermarket is also committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices.
A motivated PHP Developer (PHP/ MySQL / HTML / Jquery) to be a part of our technical team. Our aim is to have a talented and passionate developer community that can build and maintain our web applications.
What will you do?
Your job will consist of implementing new features and improving the existing ones. Your role as a PHP Developer is to ensure that the data or services requested by the front-end system or software are delivered.
What do you need to succeed?
- minimum 2 years experience in the IT industry;
- medium to advanced PHP/MSYQL knowledge;
- medium OOP knowledge;
- medium to advanced HTML and CSS skills;
- English language at conversational level;
- experience with GitHub/Bitbucket;
Nice to have:
- basic Linux knowledge;
- working knowledge with PHP MVC framework;
- availability for a working shift between 2 and 11 pm (Canada time-zone);
What we offer:
We know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits such as:
- A long-term perspective within a stable but growing working environment.
- Attractive financial offer according to experience, performance and type of collaboration.
- Private medical insurance.
- Meal tickets.
- Gym subscription.
- Vacation days for seniority with the company.
- Chance to work with international professionals.
- Career development opportunities.
- A growing, dedicated team of high-performing people passionate about technology.
- Team building, annual parties and other social events.