PROCESS Improvement Specialist
The successful candidate will join the Process Excellence team as part of the Executive Office whose vision is to create and support a companywide standard of quality and driving a culture of accountability. As a member of the PE team, the candidate will leverage their skills in working with various research and product teams in optimizing business processes and tools while delivering customer value. As such, the role will require close collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders and the candidate will play a critical role in improving our internal quality standards to meet the growing needs of Sustainalytics’ clients.
Under the leadership of the Senior Consultant, Process Excellence, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborates with operational staff to establish quality control procedures, standards and systems;
- Act as a change advocate ensuring process sustainability;
- Improving and promoting the culture of continuous improvement, by embedding CI methodologies into the way of working;
- Working closely with operational teams to support & translate the operational improvement into quantifiable benefits, acting as SME in CI methodologies;
- Participating in and/or leading operational improvement initiatives
- Analyzing and deconstructing complex business problems into manageable process improvement projects or programs
- Collaborating with departmental stakeholders in understanding operational challenges and identifying opportunities to improve business processes to enable the organization to better achieve its goals
- Eliciting requirements and driving process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Identifying key quality risks across teams and building tools to address and monitor these risks
- Designing and/or implementing end to end process changes (including policies, KPIs, data reporting, governance, SLAs, workflows) to ensure efficiency, and effectiveness of processes to meet business objectives, compliance with regulations, legal contracts and other requirements to minimize liability and risk
- 2-5 years of experience in continuous improvement/operational excellence, ideally in data and research firms.
- GB Six sigma or lean methodology certification.
- Demonstrated ability to create solutions that significantly improve practices that achieve successful business outcomes.
- Strong project management skills.
- Self-starter with a high degree of ownership, sound business acumen and advanced analytical skills including workflow mapping, ROI quantification, Excel and Minitab.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and adept at driving outcomes within a dynamic environment
- PMP or similar project management certification.
- Undergraduate/post-secondary education.
- ISO 9001:2015 certification
- Change Management accreditation.