Qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Bid Management or Business Development, required
- Strong Sales background, required
- Industry knowledge related to Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail, Healthcare, Telecom desired
- Must have deep knowledge of business development/sales and proposal management activities
- Deep knowledge of rules, regulations and idiosyncrasies of commercial procurement, buying practices and budget cycles
- Strong ability to manage multiple subcontractors and partners throughout thе bidding process
- Consistent bid experience with pursuits over $10M would be an asset. Must demonstrate significant role in a mega deal win
- Adaptability to changing requirements dictated by client-driven or internal factors
- Ability to successfully manage time and priorities necessary to meet critical deadlines, and be able to manage a heavy workload in a highly competitive and visible, and sometimes stressful, arena
- Familiarity with business-related mathematics and metrics
- Familiarity with digital transformation technologies within thе public sector (i.e., Cloud Infrastructure, Analytics, Mobile, Social Media)
- Mastery of MS Suite applications – Excel, Word, Project and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com
Bid Mаnagers аre thе leadеrs of dеаl within thе commеrcial sеctor. Thеy provide leаdership аnd dirеction to thе еntire dеal tеаm. Thеy interfаcе with clients, the Conduent Executives, and various internal teams. Simply put, Bid Managers are responsible for winning deals. They are focused on critically viewing Conduent’s positioning for every deal and provides strategic leadership to win the deal.
Bid Managers get engaged once the Sales Executives have done preliminary qualification of the deal and have received preliminary Bid Approval from the leadership. Once engaged, the Bid Manager provide leadership in all aspects of a deal: competitive positioning, partnership development, solution, cost model, price to win, and proposal. The Bid Manager does not necessary lead each of those areas, but they are the project manager responsible for making sure everything comes together into a compelling winning bid. More importantly, Bid Managers are responsible for understanding the progress of each of those functional areas and addressing perceived deficiencies.
Bid Managers stay engaged even after the proposal is submitted and is the primary owner of the Orals Presentation and Demo activities. After the deal has been decided, the Bid Manager works with the Sales Executive to gather lessons learned from the win or loss.
- Works in coordination and support of other Bid Managers on RFP deals based on Total Contract value and strategic priority for the LOB.
- Defines the technical and financial aspects of a proposal
- Works closely with all the internal departments (purchase, customer service, sales, HW /SW engineering dpt) for the bid preparation work
- Supports activities to help close potential sales opportunities.
- Writes the overall proposal answer that includes the technical portions such as program management, planning, manufacturing, roll out, operation, SLA commitment, (installation & maintenance with the assistance/ input of dedicated profile within the service)
- Work with Purchasing service to find and assess the best & strategic partners
- Defines and develops the cost definitions and the overall solution in cooperation with other external &internal services
- Identifies key personnel, corporate references, critical partners and subcontractors, and all proposal support resources necessary.
Conduent creates digital platforms and services for businesses and governments to manage millions of interactions every day for those they serve. We are leveraging the power of cloud, mobile and IoT, coupled with technologies such as automation, cognitive and blockchain to elevate every constituent interaction, driving modern digital experiences that are more efficient, helpful and satisfying.
Conduent’s differentiated offerings touch millions of lives every day, including two-thirds of all insured patients in the U.S. and nearly nine million people who travel through toll systems daily. Whether it’s digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning – Conduent serves a majority of the Fortune 100 companies and more than 500 government entities. Learn more at www.conduent.com