The major objectives for this role are:
• Working with the Product Marketing and other development teams on product requirements;
• Developing software products through the Software Development LifeCycle, following adequate software development processes;
• Creating solutions that are Innovative, High Quality and meet the needs of the customer both from a content perspective and from a time to market perspective;
• Coaching junior software engineers.
Come work with us, in our new R&D Center in Bucharest, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion. The new R&D Center in Bucharest focuses on developing innovative solutions for high performance measurement devices in cuttingedge areas of fixed and mobile networks (CATV, Copper, Ethernet, Optical, 5G).
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join our team today!
• Proficiency in C++;
• OO Design Methodology (OOPS, OOAD);
• Task based Operating system knowledge (Linux preferred);
• Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development);
• Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.;
• Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, bare metal development;
• Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavor of Scrum, on multiple projects.
Nice to have:
• Qt knowledge for UI Development;
• Experience in networking (TCP/IP, 802.11, Bluetooth);
• Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.);
• Domain skills: DOCSIS, xDSL, Cable test equipment, Telco test equipment;
• Exposure to communication protocols, MATLAB, FPGA, DSP.
VIAVI has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. And, we are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.