Software Developer for Financial Management Solutions
Access is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for a number of years.
Over the last 5 years, we have gone from 380 employees to now currently over, through both organic growth and acquisition. Access have a 2022 vision to be one of the top 10 UK Software companies which will create huge opportunity for employees and see us gain even more market share. We now have overcustomers using our software and services, which include SaaS, ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, warehousing, business intelligence, professional services automation, Health and Social Care, Not for Profit, hospitality and manufacturing.
Access purchased a middle size IT company in Timisoara & Arad – Intelligent Software Systems in 2018. We divided the company in division such as : Development, Cloud Transformation Services, Recruitment and HR. Intelligent Software systems is on the IT market since 2007 and is proud to have top quality employees.
An exciting opportunity working on an accounting product, which is the core SaaS product within the FMS division. Working in a team to build features and make changes within the SaaS product in order to encourage transition from our on premise offering of a similar product.
The product is a multi-tenanted application, with single-tenanted SQL DBs.
· SQL backed (SSMS),
· React and a proprietary framework (Lightning).
Team is in the process of moving pipeline from Octopus and Jenkins to Azure DevOps.
· Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
· Actively contribute to requirements discussions.
· Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, throughout the various layers of the application
· Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary
· Contribute to management of effective CI Pipeline and source control
· Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and basic risk management
· Actively promote a quality focussed approach
· You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience.
· You write clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
· You can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion
· You can follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts.
· You can efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix.
· You play an active role in sprint planning and management, making recommendations in planning in terms of capacity, priorities, risks or blockers.
· You have a good understanding of QA best practice.
· You can contribute to the setting up of a development environment, and you have good working knowledge of build and deployment steps.
· You are aware of trending design patterns in the technologies you work in and can select the best design pattern for the job in hand, articulating to others why this has been chosen.
· You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop, are collaborative with a can-do attitude, and can build positive relationships.
As a well-rounded Developer, you will have:
· Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product.
· Work experience as a member in a scrum team or within an agile environment.
we offer What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to make you successful. We will help you carve out your career path. You will enjoy lots of training both in the UK and in Romania to accelerate your career.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to grow, you will enjoy a fun environment on top of our standard benefits.