Gradle is the build tool of choice for millions of developers around the globe and is the official build tool for Android applications. Developing Gradle is a dynamic and demanding engineering challenge, with the reward of significant industry impact and collaboration with some of the world's best software teams.
Our software is used by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We are looking for a Technical Writer for Gradle Build Tool. The person in this role will improve Gradle user experience by improving highly visible technical documentation and will work closely with the engineering and developer advocacy teams.
- Maintain and improve Gradle documentation, which is visited over a million times per month
- Author new tutorials, guides, and release notes
- Review and provide feedback on changes to the documentation made by engineers
- Experience in a Technical Writer role
- Excellent writing skills (in English)
- Coding experience
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Familiarity with Gradle and/or other build tools
- Interest in developer tooling
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world's leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, Twitter, and Atlassian.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace with a global multicultural team that learns from and respects each other. We are committed to advancing diversity and inclusion forward by investing resources in company-wide inclusion trainings, improving recruitment processes and contributing to groups that are committed to advancing racial/social justice and equality.